Wednesday 1 April 2009

01/04/09

There I was again.  Tumbling through laughter and clinking glasses.  Watching the lanterns, strung by some invisible wire in the deep-sea twilight, swinging spectre-like but beautiful, and soothing.  The trees filled the still-warm air with their perfume (never fully realised by the makers of car air-fresheners) and the dried earth crunched below.  

A track, barely wide enough to stand side-by side flowed water-like through the dense forest.  Soon I’ll reach the clearing where the tents are erected and the fire-breathers erupt screams from the bubbling crowds.  

Around me faceless arms, caressing hands and the chirruping of friends’ voices.  My eyes streaming where they meet my smile and my heart racing as I twirl, skip and dance deeper into the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment